When you send a package from home, you probably don’t give it another thought until it arrives at its final destination. Then, you wonder why is my FedEx package still in Memphis. It’s probably just an unfortunate coincidence that your package is stuck in the same city as you. Unfortunately, shipping packages can often be unpredictable. Things happen and packages get delayed or lost. This article will provide tips on how to track your FedEx package and what to do when it gets stuck somewhere along the way. Keep reading for all the details about tracking your shipment and knowing why is my FedEx package still in Memphis.
Why Is My FedEx Package Still In Memphis?
The most important thing to remember when you are shipping a package is to make sure that you have all of the information correct. If there is any kind of mistake in your address, you will probably find out when you call FedEx and they tell you that your package is still in Memphis.
Here Are Some Tips On How To Avoid This Situation
- Make sure that your name and address are spelled correctly. FedEx will not deliver a package if the information on it is wrong, no matter how much money you paid for shipping.
- Look at the ZIP code to make sure that it matches the one where you live. Sometimes people forget about this when they are typing in their address online or filling out paperwork, but a single digit can really mess up your delivery. You don’t want to have to drive across town because one number was wrong! It can be very frustrating!
- Make sure that there aren’t any typos or extra characters anywhere on the label or box. This goes back to making sure that everything matches exactly what is written down on paper, including spelling mistakes! If there are extra characters anywhere, then they will be rejected by FedEx and sent back to you.
- If you are shipping a package, make sure that you have the right weight and dimensions on it. FedEx will not accept a package if it is too heavy or too large to be shipped, even if it is going to another city! You will have to wait until you can ship it again once there is no more room in your car or truck.
- Make sure that your address is correct on the package! FedEx will not deliver an item if the address on it doesn’t match what is written down somewhere else, like the label or box. This is why they are so strict about making sure that everything matches up exactly when they are shipping something; otherwise, people could try to send packages anywhere they want and claim that they didn’t know what was going on! This makes it easier for them to track packages and avoid any kind of trouble with customers who don’t know what they are doing.
- Check all of the information in your account online regularly to make sure that everything matches up correctly with your current information. If there isn’t anything wrong with your account and you still get a package back from FedEx, then there has probably been some kind of mistake. This can be very frustrating if you are waiting for something important!
- If you are shipping something heavy, make sure that it is packed well and that there aren’t any loose things inside the box. FedEx will not accept a package if it is damaged in any way or if there are any loose objects inside of it. This helps to keep packages safe and secure while they are in transit and makes sure that they don’t get ruined while they are being transported around the country!
- Make sure that you have your tracking number before you send anything out with FedEx so that you can keep an eye on where your package is at all times! They will not deliver an item unless the person signing for it has this number, so make sure that you have it handy! It can be very frustrating when you know that there is a package coming to your house but no one knows how to find it because no one has the right tracking number!
- Ship your packages out as early in the day as possible! FedEx will not deliver packages to houses or businesses after 8 pm, so make sure that you have everything ready to go by then. They will not come back the next day, even if you are expecting something important! This is one of the most frustrating things about using FedEx; they don’t provide 24-hour service as UPS does!
- Last but not least, make sure that you are checking your credit card statement regularly to make sure that there aren’t any mistakes on it! FedEx makes a lot of mistakes when it comes to charging people for their shipping and handling fees, so it is very important that you keep an eye on what they are doing with your account. They may charge you extra fees without telling you and this can be very frustrating if they don’t give you any kind of notification before they do this!
How To Track Your Package
Here’s a list of the most common tracking services. Most of these services are free, but you may be asked to pay if you wish to receive updates as your package moves from one location to another.
Tracking By Phone
Tracking by phone is quick and easy and sometimes works best for packages that are going directly from one post office or shipping company to another. If your package is going through several stops along the way, then you’ll want to use a web-based tracking service. This can be done by phone or online.
Tracking By Web
This is the best way to track a shipment once it has been sent out. The reason this works so well is that most carriers use multiple carriers (eBays, UPSes, Fed Exes) and none of them have any idea where your package actually is at any given time. So the person who packed it can tell you what time it left their house but not where it went next until they log into their computer at home and see where it was when they last checked in on it from work or school. Once they do that, they will know where their package was all day.
Tracking By Email
This is also a good way to track packages once they have left the shipping company’s control. The only drawback is that it may take a day or two for you to receive the email, depending on how fast your Internet connection is.
Check The Tracking Details Before Calling FedEx
After your package has been stuck in Memphis for a few days, it might be helpful to try to track it again. This will show FedEx that you are still paying attention to your package and waiting for it to leave Memphis. You can track your package again even if you have already been tracking it. The easiest way is to go to the tracking page and enter your tracking number. If you are using the FedEx mobile app, you can select “Track” to begin tracking your package again. If your package has been held in Memphis for over a week, you may want to track it again a few times a week. This will let FedEx know that you are actively following up on your package and waiting for it to leave Memphis.
Hopefully, after reading this article, you know why is my FedEx package still in Memphis. It’s probably just a coincidence and nothing to worry about. But, if your package has been held in Memphis for over a week, you should definitely be concerned and contact FedEx. There are times when a package is delayed, and that is normal. Other times, there is an issue and your package is lost. If your package has been lost or stolen, you can try re-shipping your package or asking FedEx to investigate.