Scratch marks on the skin can be nerve-wracking. They are painful, ugly, and can last for a long time. Scratch marks on the skin caused by an insect bite, rash, armpit shaving, or any other reason are not uncommon. These red or brownish marks appear when the top layer of the skin is broken and can last for several weeks or even months in some cases. Scratch marks on the skin can be very irritating and embarrassing as well. They not only appear ugly but also feel itchy all the time. To get rid of these scratch marks on your skin, you don’t need to visit a dermatologist every time. There are many home remedies that will help you reduce your appearance and get back to your normal self once again. Here is how you can remove scratch marks on your skin at home:
How To Get Rid Of Scratch Marks On Skin
- Lemon and Salt – The first remedy for getting rid of scratch marks on the skin is lemon and salt. Apply lemon juice to the affected area of your skin. Rub it with a piece of cloth or a clean cotton pad. After rubbing, wash it off with water. Repeat this process twice a day until the scratch marks on your skin disappear completely.
- Tea Tree Oil – Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic that can eliminate all types of itchiness and irritation including those caused by scratch marks on the skin. To use tea tree oil, you need to mix one teaspoon in one cup of water and apply this mixture to the affected area of the skin. This mixture should be left overnight so that it can be absorbed into your skin properly. You can also use this solution as needed when you feel an itching sensation or irritation on your skin caused by scratch marks on your skin.
- Baking Soda – Mix baking soda with an equal amount of warm water in a bowl, add some honey, and then mix well until you get a thick paste-like consistency. Apply this paste directly to the affected area of your skin for about 15 minutes before you go to bed at night so that it will be effective in removing scratches from your skin overnight.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is very effective in treating itchiness caused by scratches on the skin so you should try applying coconut oil directly onto these scratches for about 10 minutes before going to bed at night so that it will work effectively in removing itchiness caused by scratches on your skin. You can also make a paste of coconut oil and apply it to the affected area of your skin or you can use it as a body lotion.
- Aloe Vera Gel – Aloe Vera gel is an excellent remedy for scratch marks on the skin because of its anti-inflammatory property that helps in reducing the redness and inflammation caused by such marks. To use aloe vera gel, you need to mix one teaspoon with honey until you get a thick consistency and apply this mixture directly onto the affected area of your skin for about 20 minutes before going to bed at night so that it will be effective in removing scratches from your skin overnight.
- Baking Soda Paste – Mix baking soda with an equal amount of warm water in a bowl, add some honey, and then mix well until you get a thick paste-like consistency. Apply this paste directly onto the affected area of your skin for about 15 minutes before going to bed at night so that it will be effective in removing scratches from your skin overnight.
What Causes Scratch Marks On The Skin?
If you have ever been bitten by an insect, you will know that these tiny creatures leave behind a mark on the skin. The insects bite the skin and inject saliva and other toxins that cause irritation to the skin. These marks are usually dark red or brownish in color. In some cases, the insect bites may also cause swelling of the affected area. This can be a good sign of an allergic reaction to some substance in the insect’s saliva.
Shaving is one of those activities that we all do every day without thinking twice about it. However, shaving can be very irritating for your skin since it often leaves behind cuts and razor burns on your face or neck area. These razor marks are caused by friction between your razor blade and your skin when you shave with it. They appear as brownish-red spots on the skin and can last for several days or even weeks at times if left untreated.
If you are a regular armpit shaver, you may have noticed that these marks appear on your arm. Armpit shaving is one of the most common causes of scratch marks on the skin. It usually occurs when you shave your armpits with a razor. The razor accidentally cuts the skin, leaving behind a scratch mark that appears red and brownish in color.
You may have heard about razor burn before but did not know what it was exactly. Razor burn is also another common cause of scratch marks on the skin. It is caused by friction between your razor blade and your skin when you shave with it. These marks appear as red or brownish spots on the skin and can last for several days or even weeks at times if left untreated. Some people actually like to get rid of these marks by shaving their heads bald every now and then to prevent them from appearing again in the future.
Sunburns leave behind a painful, red mark on the skin that can last for several days or even weeks at times if left untreated. However, they can be easily treated with some simple home remedies like applying aloe vera gel directly to the affected area or taking some over-the-counter painkillers like ibuprofen to reduce inflammation in the area and relieve pain and itching associated with sunburns as well as other symptoms associated with sunburns such as blisters and swelling.
3 Natural Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Scratch Marks On Your Skin
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best natural remedies to get rid of scratch marks on your skin. It can be used both externally and internally. You can use it as a body wash, rinse or spray it directly on the affected part. Apple cider vinegar works best when applied in a mixture with water to rinse away the dead skin cells, dirt and dust stuck in the pores of your skin and soften them up. It can also be used as a toner for oily or acne-prone skin to combat acne-causing bacteria, reduce pore size and remove bacteria that cause acne. This remedy is also very effective for hair problems such as dandruff, dry hair, eczema, itchiness on the scalp, and other scalp issues. You can also apply apple cider vinegar directly to your hair to prevent dandruff and dryness from occurring again. Besides using it externally you can even use apple cider vinegar internally for treating various health problems such as nausea, heartburn, indigestion, and more!
Lemon juice is another natural remedy to get rid of scratch marks on your skin naturally without having to visit a dermatologist. Lemon juice has many benefits that you may not know about yet but will definitely help you soon! It helps get rid of harmful bacteria in your gut which may cause bad breath or heartburn if not treated properly. Also, lemon juice has many anti-inflammatory properties that are so beneficial for healing wounds or cuts on your skin. It can also be used to get rid of acne and other skin problems such as eczema, itchiness, dry hair, dandruff, and more. You can use lemon juice in a mixture with water to cleanse your face or other body parts or even apply it directly to the affected area. Lemon juice is also very useful for removing blackheads from your nose.
Coconut oil has many benefits for your health so you should definitely try out this remedy if you have scratches on your skin! Coconut oil is an antibacterial agent that works great for healing cuts or wounds on your skin naturally without having to visit a dermatologist again! It helps reduce the size of pores and unclogs pores from dead cells, dirt and dust stuck in them. You can use it as a body wash, rinse or spray directly on the affected areas of skin to get rid of the scratch marks naturally! Do not forget that coconut oil also works great as a moisturizer, facial cleanser, and even makeup remover all at once! All you need is just a few drops of coconut oil and warm water to cleanse away the dead skin cells stuck in the pores of your skin. You can also apply coconut oil directly to the affected area for better results.
Skin infections, allergies, insect bites, armpit shaving, etc. are some of the common causes of scratch marks on the skin. Baking soda, coconut oil, and aloe vera can be used as home remedies to get rid of scratch marks on your skin. These ingredients have anti-inflammatory and healing properties that reduce the redness and itching caused by scratch marks. You can also use baking soda as a face wash to cleanse your face and remove impurities from your skin.