We all know the pressures of being a woman are real. Society sets unrealistic standards for women that can be difficult to navigate. You’re supposed to be pretty and skinny without sacrificing your intelligence, sense of humor, or passions. This article will show you how to be pretty and skinny by following these 15 simple steps. When it comes to beauty standards, not all of them are fair or attainable. It’s time to start thinking outside the box and build a new set of measures that work for you. Read on to find out how.
How To Be Pretty And Skinn
- You can’t be pretty and skinny if you aren’t eating. You should eat at least three meals and two snacks every day, but prioritize quality over quantity. Focus on eating healthy fats, lean protein, and lots of fresh produce to maintain your energy levels and keep you feeling full throughout the day.
- You can’t be pretty and skinny if you aren’t getting enough sleep. Sleep is essential for a healthy body and mind. Make sure you are getting between seven to nine hours of sleep every night so your body can rest, repair itself, and recharge for the next day.
- You can’t be pretty and skinny if you aren’t drinking enough water. Your body is made up of more than 60% water so it needs to stay hydrated in order to function properly. Aim for eight glasses of water each day (or more depending on how active you are) in order to keep your skin looking clear, glowing, and healthy; your hair shiny; your nails strong; your organs well-functioning; your metabolism running smoothly; and so much more!
- You can’t be pretty or skinny if you aren’t exercising regularly by doing things like yoga or pilates or walking or biking or swimming or hiking or dancing or playing sports (pick any activity that makes you sweat). Exercise will not only help keep weight off but it will also build muscle that burns fat all day long.
- You can’t be pretty and skinny if you aren’t wearing the right clothes. Your clothes should make you feel good about yourself, regardless of whether they are trendy or expensive or brand-name. Your wardrobe should include at least a few items that flatter your figure and accentuate your unique style and personality.
- You can’t be pretty and skinny if you aren’t wearing makeup that enhances your natural beauty without looking fake or overdone. Start with a tinted moisturizer to even out skin tone, then use eye shadow and eyeliner to bring out the best features in your eyes, blush to accentuate your cheekbones, and mascara to lengthen your lashes. Finish off with a little bit of lip balm that is just enough to keep lips soft and kissable (but not too much because then they look dry).
Jump Start Your Morning With a Healthy Breakfast
- Eat a healthy breakfast. It’s important to start your day with a healthy breakfast. If you’re not hungry in the morning, try something light like fruit or cereal. You can also try eating some eggs for protein or pancakes for something sweet.
- Cook your own meals as much as possible. Eating out is convenient but it’s not always the healthiest option for you or your wallet. Cooking your own meals at home will save you money and help you avoid unhealthy ingredients like saturated fats and added sugars that are found in many restaurant foods.
- Avoid skipping meals to lose weight. Skipping meals is a bad idea because it can make you overeat later on when you get hungry again. Instead of skipping meals, eat smaller portions more frequently throughout the day to keep yourself satisfied without overeating when you do eat larger portions at meal times (not just breakfast).
- Use smaller plates if needed. If the portion sizes at restaurants are too big, try ordering things off the kid’s menu or using smaller plates at home to help reduce how much food you are eating at each meal time (not just breakfast).
- Eat slowly and savor every bite. Your body takes time to digest food so don’t rush through it by eating too quickly (especially if eating breakfast on the go). Take small bites, chew slowly, and enjoy each mouthful of food before moving on to the next one. This will help prevent overeating since you won’t feel as full after eating smaller portions.
- Eat breakfast with friends or family. Eating breakfast with others will make it more enjoyable and less of a chore. If you have a busy morning, try making a big batch of pancakes in the evening so you can quickly reheat them in the morning before work or school.
- Avoid skipping breakfast altogether. Many women skip breakfast because they don’t think they have enough time to eat it in the morning. However, skipping breakfast is actually more likely to make you overeat later on since your blood sugar will drop as your body starts burning fat instead of carbohydrates for energy. The result is that you will be hungrier than usual and more likely to overeat at lunchtime or when snacks are available at work or school (not just breakfast).
Keep Hydrated At All Times
- Drink eight to twelve glasses of water a day.
- Drink herbal tea with lemon and honey in the morning to give yourself a boost of energy.
- Use a facial moisturizer with SPF 15 or higher daily to keep your skin looking hydrated.
- Avoid sodas and sugary drinks, as they can make you look bloated and cause you to gain weight.
- Keep a water bottle on you at all times, so that you are always drinking water when you think about it!
- Drink green tea instead of coffee or caffeinated drinks, as they can dehydrate your body and leave you looking duller than normal!
- Avoid alcohol as much as possible, as it is dehydrating and can cause bloating in some people! Have fun with friends without getting wasted!
- Eat yogurt with granola for breakfast every morning, rather than eating cereal or sugary pancake mixes that will make your stomach bloat over time! Yogurt is good for your digestive system and will keep your stomach from getting upset during the day! (Link yogurt with granola to one of the original needs.)
Add Colour To Your Diet
Add Colour to Your Diet
It’s time to start eating your greens! Green vegetables are a wealth of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytochemicals. They can help you maintain a healthy weight, protect against heart disease and some cancers, and improve your eyesight. Load up on leafy greens like spinach or kale in salads or smoothies. Or try broccoli or asparagus for a lighter side dish.
Get Some Sleep
You may have heard that “beauty sleep” is real, but it’s not just an old wives tale! Getting enough sleep at night is essential for your health and well-being. When you don’t get enough sleep, you can feel tired, irritable, and suffer from headaches (which nobody wants). Make sure you get enough rest each night to look great the next day!
Drink More Water
You may already know that staying hydrated is good for your health but did you know that it can also make you more beautiful? Staying hydrated helps flush toxins out of your body which makes your skin look healthier and more radiant. It also flushes out excess sodium which can cause bloating as well as puffiness under the eyes (not pretty!). Drinking more water can help keep those problems at bay so you look great every day! Add some lemon slices or cucumbers to give it an extra boost of flavor too!
Avoid Junk Food
Junk food is loaded with sugar, saturated fat, and salt. All of these things can wreak havoc on your body and cause you to gain weight quickly. Limit your intake of junk food to once or twice a week so you still have something sweet to look forward to!
Eat More Whole Grains
Whole grains are a great source of vitamins, minerals, protein, and fiber. They are also good for digestion and can help control your appetite. Try adding more whole grains like quinoa or brown rice into soups, salads, or stir-fries for extra nutrients in every bite!
Eat More Fruits & Veggies
Fruits and vegetables are a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants which promote healthy skin, hair, and nails. Eating more fruits and veggies at every meal is an easy way to get the nutrients you need while also cutting back on processed foods that could be harmful to your body. You don’t have to eat produce at every meal but try to incorporate them into a few meals each day if possible! A great snack is an apple with almond butter or carrots dipped in hummus (check out our recipe for Carrot Hummus). You can even sneak some veggies into desserts (like our Almond Butter Brownies) for a tasty treat! Check out this list of natural beauty foods for more ideas on how you can incorporate more produce into your diet!
Drink Green Tea Instead of Coffee
Coffee has been known to cause dehydration and can leave your skin looking dull and dry. Swap a cup of coffee for a cup of green tea instead! Green tea is rich in antioxidants, can promote weight loss, and even boost brain health! Try to limit your intake of caffeinated beverages if possible as they can cause dehydration (and might give you the jitters!).
There’s no special formula for being pretty and skinny. All you have to do is follow the steps in this article. If you really want to be pretty, you have to be happy with yourself first. So, try implementing these steps into your daily routine, and see what happens! You’ll be amazed at how much progress you can make, simply by putting yourself first. Be gentle with yourself, and you’ll soon see the difference.