If you live in a colder climate, then you probably know how much of a blessing remote start can be. It’s the perfect feature for those chilly mornings when you can’t stand the thought of getting out of bed and walking to your car to warm it up. Fortunately, most newer models of Ford come with remote start as standard equipment. However, depending on which model you have and what trim level it is, there may be some options that include or exclude remote start. Not sure if your Ford has remote start? Read on to find out more about this useful system and whether or not your car comes with it installed. Remote starters are extremely helpful in cold climates and for people who hate getting out of bed early in the morning to go somewhere. Remote start allows you to preheat your car from inside your home so that by the time you leave, it’s nice and cozy. Some people also refer to this as an “auto heater” because of its ability to heat up your car from a distance.
How Do I Know If My Ford Has Remote Start?
If your car has a keyless entry system with a “key fob” (a small remote control-like device that you carry in your pocket), then it has a remote start. To activate the remote start, press and hold the lock button on the key fob for about two seconds until you hear a chime. The engine will then start up after about 10 seconds. You can also use the key fob to turn off the engine by pressing and holding the unlock button for about two seconds until you hear a chime.
How To Find Out If My Ford Has Remote Start?
- You can tell if your Ford is equipped with remote start simply by looking at the owner’s manual. It will tell you what model and the trim level you have, and the type of keyless entry system it has.
- You can also find out if your Ford has a remote start by checking the “Tech Specs” section of your car’s owner’s manual (usually located near the back). Usually, this information is listed under a section called “Options.” Look for any mention of a remote start. If you don’t see any mention of it in this section, then it probably doesn’t come with a remote start.
- If you have a keyless entry system that doesn’t include a remote start feature, but you would like to add one, then there are some aftermarket kits available that will provide this feature to certain models. Check with your local Ford dealer or search online for these kits (such as www.keylessentrykitsforsale2015.com at the list of options to see if you have a remote start.
- If you can’t find the answer to your question in any of these places, then you will have to order a special tool from Ford that lets you know if your car has a remote start. This tool is called a “remote starter key.” You can order this key by calling Ford Customer Service at 1-800-392-3673 and asking them to send it to you. When it arrives, make sure that it’s the right key for your car, and put it in your glove box so that it’s handy when you need it later.
- If you don’t have the owner’s manual and you’re still unsure if your Ford has a remote start, you can call the number on the back of your key fob for more information. Or, if you have a newer model and have a smartphone, use that to look up the answer on Google.
How To Know If My Ford Has Remote Start?
- Check Your Owners Manual
If you own a Ford, then you’re probably familiar with the information found in your owner’s manual. If not, it’s a good idea to read through it on the first few pages to see if your car has a remote start. The owner’s manual will tell you which models include remote start and how to access it.
- Check Your Car’s VIN Number
If you don’t have your owner’s manual handy, then check your car’s Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for more detailed information about which models have remote start and where to find the feature. You can find the VIN number by looking at or touching any part of your car while it is running. To do this, turn on your vehicle and make sure all of its lights are on. Then, look under the hood or under each door for a small stamped number that looks like this: 3N1Z9X4U6.
- Check Your Car’s VIN Number on FordMobileApp
Finally, you can use the website FordMobileApp.com to check if your car has a remote start. It’s a simple process to follow and will give you all of the information you need about your car in a few minutes or less. your car’s VIN number. First, you need to log in with your username and password. Then, you can enter your VIN number and see whether or not the car you are interested in has a remote start.
- Check Your Car’s Model Year
If you have a newer model of Ford, then you will know that it has a remote start because it is listed on the FordMobileApp.com site. However, if you don’t know which model year your car is, then check the sticker located on the inside of your door jamb or under your hood for more information about when your car was made. The sticker will also tell you which features are included with that particular model year as well as its trim level. If this doesn’t work for you, then keep reading to find out how to locate this information on your car manually!
How To Install A Remote Starter In A Ford
- First, you’ll want to find a good place to install the remote starter. The best place is on the passenger side of the car, but that may not be a great location if there’s a lot of snow or ice in your area. If you have parking issues, then you should try installing it on the driver’s side instead.
- Once you’ve found an ideal location for your remote start, take some time to test it out by turning the engine off and moving away from the car for about ten seconds or so. This will tell you whether or not your remote starter is actually working properly and whether or not it works with your vehicle model and year.
- Now that your remote starter is working properly, it’s time to install it into your car! Start by removing all of the screws from inside your vehicle with a screwdriver and then remove all of them from outside as well with a wrench. You’ll also want to remove the battery from inside your vehicle.
- You’ll want to put the screws and battery back into place once you’ve removed them, but make sure that they are in the same locations they were before when you removed them. Then, plug your remote starter into your car and turn it on!
- If you can’t find a screwdriver or wrench in your car, then there is a chance that it doesn’t have one of these two things installed by default. In this case, you will need to buy an adapter for your car that will allow you to use any size of screwdriver or wrench to install this device. This is because Ford doesn’t provide any tools on its own and instead offers the option of purchasing an adapter if needed.
5 Differences Between Remote Start And Climate Control?
- Remote Start is activated by a button in the vehicle, while climate control is controlled by a knob on the dash.
- Remote start works on all models of Ford, while climate control works only on certain models.
- Remote start doesn’t heat the interior of your car, while climate control can heat up the interior as well as heat up other parts outside of the vehicle such as your seats and steering wheel.
- The button for a remote start is located in front of the steering wheel, while climate control knobs are located on both sides of the dash near the windows and door handles.
- On some models, you can use remote start to remotely unlock your doors and trunk as well as disable your alarm system when you don’t have access to those areas (such as when you are in your garage).
Remote start is a great feature to have on cold days. It allows you to preheat your car from inside your home so that when you get into your car, it’s nice and cozy. Remote start is the same thing as an “auto heater” because it warms up your car from a distance. If you live in a colder climate, then you probably know how much of a blessing remote start can be.