Did you know that even though the majority of homes have their own natural gas lines for heating, many people still use propane for home heaters? So if you use a propane-powered heater, do you need to get a propane tank to go with it? If so, does Walmart sell them? Some people are surprised to learn that Walmart sells propane tanks. However, they only sell them as part of an RV kit. You won’t find individual propane tanks at Walmart. There aren’t any standalone propane tanks available there. Anybody who uses a lot of propane will want to get a tank sooner rather than later. But it isn’t just about the size of the tank — you also need to consider how and where you plan on putting it.
Does Walmart Sell Propane Tanks?
Yes, Walmart carries propane tanks! Both 20 lb and 40 lb tanks are available in-store and online at Walmart.com. You can find them in the sporting goods department.
Why Is There No Standalone Propane Tank?
- The first reason is that it would be dangerous to store a propane tank in a home. In case of an explosion, the tank could cause major damage to property or injury to people.
- A second reason is that propane tanks are very heavy and bulky. It takes up a lot of space in your vehicle, and storing one at home would be difficult.
- A third reason is that you have to buy a special regulator for the tank — which adds even more weight and cost to the propane tank itself!
- A fourth reason is that it’s still possible for gas leaks to occur in your home even after buying a propane tank for your heater or other appliance. Gas leak detectors are important safety tools for every household, especially one with propane tanks involved!
- A fifth reason is that you can get confused about how much propane your unit needs if you buy a standalone tank from Walmart! You need to know how many gallons the unit will hold, and you need to know how much propane is in the tank — not just how much of a tank you have left! You’ll need to buy a new tank when you run out of propane.
Why Do People Buy Propane Tanks From Walmart?
The average cost of a 20-pound tank of propane is $40. If you buy 20 pounds at a time, you will pay about $4.00 per pound for propane. Walmart’s tanks are sold in 40-pound increments, so you can get one that is cheaper than the $4.00 per pound from the local store.
You will save money on shipping by buying from Walmart because they charge less to ship than the local store. The shipping and handling charges on propane tanks are generally less than $5, so the savings is pretty significant if you buy several tanks at a time.
Propane tanks are available in either 20 or 40 pounds, and Walmart carries both sizes at the same price as the local stores, so it makes sense to buy your propane there rather than pay more for smaller weights that have to be shipped long distances each time you order them from another store or company (like Home Depot).
4. It’s easy to get to
If you are in a place where it is inconvenient or impossible to get to a store, like a rural area or in a remote location, you can always order your propane tanks from Walmart. This is especially useful if you live on a boat and want to be able to fill up the tank without having to go ashore at all.
5. It’s easy to install
There are no special tools required for installing propane tanks, so if you do not own any, then it is simple enough for anyone with minimal mechanical skills to do it themselves. You will save money on labor costs by not paying someone else $10-$20 for each tank that needs installation and removal when you buy them from Walmart. If you have someone who does these kinds of things for you on a regular basis, then it would probably also be cheaper for them since they would not have time off from their regular jobs waiting around at home while you install your propane tank.
How To Buy A Propane Tank From Walmart
- Check the propane tank size. If you are not sure, take a look at the propane tank size on the propane tank you want to buy.
- Check the price of your propane tank at Walmart and compare it to other brands of propane tanks at Walmart.
- Compare the safety features of your chosen brand with other brands. For example, check for child safety locks and pressure relief valves, which can prevent accidents if a child accidentally turns off the burner or pressure builds up too much.
- Compare prices by checking online before you make a purchase. You could also use websites such as Amazon or eBay to compare prices from different sellers and make sure you get the best deal possible
- Look for promotions or coupons that would usually apply to propane tanks at Walmart (so for example: Buy 1 get 1 free). You could save some money this way!
What Are The Different Types Of Propane Tanks?
1. Single-serving tank
These are used for cooking purposes and can hold up to 2.5 gallons of propane. They are available in a variety of sizes and the most common is the 20 lb. size which is perfect for cooking stoves, grills, and small gas grills. They come in both 10 lb. and 15 lb. sizes as well as a variety of colors to match your decor.
2. Multi-serving tanks
These tanks come in various sizes like 50 lb., 100 lb., 200 lb., 300 lb., 500 lb., and 750 lb.; however, they can only be used once before they need to be replaced with a new one which can be done easily by simply unscrewing the cap off the top and replacing it with a new one; this will allow you to use it multiple times before replacing it with a new one again! The most common size is the 50lb tank which is perfect for household gas appliances such as stoves, grills, and barbecues.
3. Commercial tanks
These are available in sizes ranging from 200 lb. to 1,000 lb. and are used for commercial gas appliances such as grills and stoves that are in large commercial establishments such as restaurants and bars. They can be refilled with the use of a special tool which makes it easy to replace the tank with a new one when it is empty or needs to be replaced due to damage or wear and tear over time; this will make sure you never run out of propane!
4. Industrial tanks
These come in various sizes like 100 lb., 200 lb., 300 lb., 400 lb., 500 lb., 600 lb., 800 lb., 1,000 lb., and 1,250 lb.; however, they are not designed for home use but rather for industrial use such as in factories or warehouses where they need to be used on large gas appliances such as forklifts and forklifts.
5. Military tanks
These are used for military purposes and are only available in a few sizes ranging from 1,000 lb. to 2,000 lb. They can be refilled with the use of a special tool which makes it easy to replace the tank with a new one when it is empty or needs to be replaced due to damage or wear and tear over time; this will make sure you never run out of propane!
If you have a propane-powered appliance, like a heater or a grill, you need a propane tank. A standalone propane tank can be used for all sorts of things around the house. You can store it in your garage or RV; use it to fuel a forklift, or hook it up to a natural gas line to provide fuel for your home. When it comes to buying a propane tank, it pays to be prepared. That way, you can take advantage of lowered prices and higher safety standards that come with bulk ordering. Plus, you can easily keep track of when it’s time to replace your tank, just by checking the date on the sticker.